Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quenching The Fiery Darts Of The Wicked One


Ephesians 6:10-17 (NKJV):

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
When in doubt, go back to the Word of God and search it out. As I am searching the Lord and a way how to continue accepting my current circumstances, I have more and more fiery darts being fired at me. I was thinking about the scriptures today and which scripture to cling to and to apply for my current state. God is always faithful to show us a way when we truly seek Him, and He pointed me to this scripture in Ephesians 6 reminding me about the Armor that I have to put on. Apparently while being exhausted with all these tests and trials, I took off some pieces of the armor and made myself vulnerable.

I was reminded again that my battle is not against the flesh and blood, but against the wiles of the devil. I am not fighting humans, but spiritual battle, and I must have my armor on for that. When going through each of the pieces of the armor, I noticed the very important placement for the Faith- shield with which I am able to quench the fiery darts of the wicked one.

Wow, thank you, Lord, for being so faithful and for showing me the direction once again! I`d like to direct your emphasis on the scripture on the verse 16 which states that “Above all”,a.k.a. most importantly, taking the shield of faith; this is our most important piece of armor. Without faith we cannot please God, and we cannot allow Him room to move.

How can I protect myself against the wiles of the devil and all the fiery darts? It`s by shielding myself with my faith and trust in the Lord knowing that only He can deliver me. He is not finished with my battle yet. He is still fighting for me, but I have to ensure I have all the armor on especially now.
There are many fiery darts being fired against me right now, and I started to falter from being so exhausted. This is why God had to direct me to the crucial information and remind me that I cannot concentrate on my feelings against the people because they would prevent me from interceding and fighting spiritual battle, but I have to concentrate on shielding myself with Faith that God would guide me and protect me.

My circumstances cry out against my faith and hope in the Lord, but this is why the definition of the Faith is: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1 NKJV).
Again, we do not walk by sight, but by faith, and that means that although I see all these attacks of the devil being fired at me, and I am being laughed at, but this will not last forever. God`s word would prevail against all these wiles, but I have to hope for things I`m praying about, and disregard the actual current facts because they are not final! My current actual facts state that my husband got everything, and I got nothing, but God is not finished yet.
There is a good reason why God made sure we know that above all we must have a shield of faith, and the fact that we shield ourselves with faith and not with the sword or any other piece of armor. In order to make that “shield” effective and strong against the fiery darts, it has to be made from the substantial enduring material that could withstand those fiery darts and wiles of the devil. The only way how I can make sure the material is strong enough is through my faithful walk with the Lord and trusting His word being true and faithful. I have to pick up my sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, and get back on the battle field!



No comments:

Post a Comment