Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Don`t Fall From Your Secure Position"

2 Peter 3:17-18 (NIV)

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Those who rely on God, could never "fall from their secure position", and this was a tremendous encouragement for me. This is the promise that I have from God that as long as I continue to seek His face, His will, He will keep me in His safe place in position of a winner. This scripture God showed me today as a direction because I feel like I`m starting to slip and get too wrapped up with attorneys` advising. There is nothing more important then waiting upon the Lord and making sure I don`t do anything without His guidence and His will because it`s His battle and not mine. Once I think about that, I realize that God already won, and it`s just a matter of time before all pieces would fall into their own places. I have been busy getting my daughter back, and I did, obtaining all sourts of legal information to resolve all my doubts in regards to my custody battle with my husband. I don`t know when an action for custody would be filed, and if it would be filed at all, but I pray that something happens before that, so I don`t have to spend outrageous amount of money on that because it`s a very expensive path leading to divorce.

It`s very hard to wait and wait and wait, yet this is exactly what God`s been telling me to do. All the decisions that I make are guided by the request to wait for the right time. It`s been excrutiatingly painful to do that especially when I had to wait for my daughter in order to get her back, but God is faithful, and He will always be. I only pray that I don`t get tempted by the advice of the wicked because at times it seems too aluring to do just that.


The message from Oswald Chambers was especially important for me today:

There are times when you can’t understand why you cannot do what you want to do. When God brings a time of waiting, and appears to be unresponsive, don’t fill it with busyness, just wait. The time of waiting may come to teach you the meaning of sanctification— to be set apart from sin and made holy— or it may come after the process of sanctification has begun to teach you what service means. Never run before God gives you His direction. If you have the slightest doubt, then He is not guiding. Whenever there is doubt— wait.

God told me so many times in the past couple of months to "Wait" when I didn`t know a certain answer or the right thing to do, and I couldn`t just sit still. I had to fill my day with "business" of searching for an answer which I couldn`t find anyway because God already told me to wait. It`s too easy for us to get wrapped around our own emotions and do something impulsive instead of taking a step back to Wait for what God would do next.

Another important aspect of this waiting period is doubt. When in doubt--WAIT, and God would show the right way. He gave me the scripture from James:

6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.  (James 1:6-8 NIV)

I am like a "double-minded" person who continues to question everything instead of trusting the Lord and waiting for the right time to take the next step. I adopted it as a rule for myself especially now: if I don`t have a clear picture as to what to do next, I wait and stop doubting. It`s hard not to doubt all possible scenarious of outcomes, but I only need to continue to tell myself that God is in control, and He promised to deliver His children out of the hand of the enemy. He promised and He will deliver!

The main direction that God is giving me is to be vigilant and wait for now. I was debating whether to file for custody right away, but with my huband taking away my car, I don`t reallly have money for that, so in a way it was an asnwer from God. My husband requested I exchange our daughter for his car, and I never thought I would live to see him using car as a ransome for our daughter. In a way it`s a goood prove for the court of the kind of a father he is-- not taking into account any well being of our daughter, but on the other hand, it is very sad for me to see that a man whom I thought I knew for the past 8 years, turned out to be a completely unpredictable stranger.  I continue to pray for him, and I thank God for this separation which was legally reinforced because I wouldn`t haven been able to pray for him if I had to put up with his nastiness every day at home.

Yet again, God`s proven to turn everything for the better and using every piece of circumstance for His glory. Although I would have to buy a different car for myself and spend money on that, but I`m sure that even with that He would provide me with the best affordable deal.

In short, my update is: I got my daughter back, I have my own place now, and I`m working out babysitting schedule with my mom, so she would travel to stay with my daughter while I`m at work during the day. My daughter is feeling better because when I picked her up from my husband, she was very sick, and she is coming around more after all the stress she is going through. I`m waiting to hear back from God as to what to do next in terms of custody filing or other legal arrangements reinforcing my husband`s visitation of our daughter while she continues to live with me. Until I have that legal arrangement in place, I cannot risk allowing my husband to see our daughter, so he doesn`t snatch her away and keep her from seeing me like he`s been doing it in the past couple of months.

If you have any doubts if God is alive, then take a look at my circumstances, and know that if it wouldn`t be for God`s endless miracles, I would have never survived what I`m going through or could possibly have all my needs met. God is Good all the time, and I hope that by looking at my life, you would be able to examine yours and think whether it`s worth living for yourself because I found out for myself that it`s not. It`s only empty, futile, and in the end doesn`t fulfill that search in heart because only God can quench that thirst as we were created to have that glorious relationship with Him from the very beginning of the human creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment