Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"An Open Door That No One Can Shut"

Revelation 3:8-10 (NIV)

8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

When I read this scripture, I was very encouraged by this God`s word. Whichever door He shuts--it stays shut, and whicever door He opens- stays opened. I was getting frustrated because I couldn`t rent an apartment since my criminal record kept coming up, and the more denials I kept getting, the more hopeless I was becoming. The only reply from God that I kep getting was: "Wait, wait". I couldn`t sit still, and despite His command to wait, I kept trying to get through the door, but it was shut. It wasn`t until yesterday when it became critical for me to get an apartment that God opened that door in the right area for me to get approved for a good place. Our God is Jehova Jireh (Genesis 22:141), and He trully provides a way out when there is no other way just like He did with Abraham when he was going to sacrifice his only son Isaac to God. God stopped him from killing his only son, and instead gave him a lost lamb that Abraham found in the bush to sacrifice in replacement for his son. This story declares God`s character-- God provides a way when we need it, and He does it in the most miraculous way.

Another important principle that He showed me in this scripture is the way He reveals His truth and His trials. It is very depressing for me to know that my husband being a liar and a hypocrat that he is got it all right now: our house, our daughter whom he hardly lets me see, our car, a lot more money, yet God promised that: "I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you." (verse 9) My husband claiming to be a "christian" that "Jew" who is a liar continues to do evil, and God will bring His judgement in my circumstances. He is going to reveal that all I ever wanted was to live for Him and to have a trully christian family serving the Lord.

I also know that when God promises to keep me safe for keeping His word, He will truly do that. Just the way He saved Peter in Acts 12, I know that He is going to save me out of the hand of all evildoers:

1 It was about this time that King Herod arrested some who belonged to the church, intending to persecute them. 2 He had James, the brother of John, put to death with the sword. 3 When he saw that this met with approval among the Jews, he proceeded to seize Peter also. This happened during the Festival of Unleavened Bread. 4 After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover. 5 So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him. 6 The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists. 8 Then the angel said to him, “Put on your clothes and sandals.” And Peter did so. “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,” the angel told him. 9 Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision. 10 They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him. 11 Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were hoping would happen.” (Acts 12:1-12 NIV)

God is faithful to those who love Him, and even though He puts us through tirals, but it is only for the purpose of making us stronger in Christ. I know that only God can make any changes to my circumstances and grant me the victory; it could never be attorneys, or people, or money, but it is that door that only God can either open, and it will stay opened, or He will close it, and it will remain closed until He decies so.

I am very encouraged by all the scriptures that I read now because I experience the word of God as live as never before especially when I read about all the hardships that Jesus, deciples, prophets, and others went through. I know that God is faithful, and He is doing a mighty testimony in my life, so that others may see how great is He and Almighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment