Monday, November 28, 2011

God Is In Control

As I went to the court today to discuss a mutual protectice order of me against my husband and him against me, I had a few scriptures that God gave me in the past few days as I was seeking His will regarding what to do in the court today.

The first scripture was Isaiah 36 (the whole chapter) where it says in the first few verses:

1 In the fourteenth year of King Hezekiah’s reign,[a] King Sennacherib of Assyria came to attack the fortified towns of Judah and conquered them. 2 Then the king of Assyria sent his chief of staff[b] from Lachish with a huge army to confront King Hezekiah in Jerusalem. The Assyrians took up a position beside the aqueduct that feeds water into the upper pool, near the road leading to the field where cloth is washed.[c] 3 These are the officials who went out to meet with them: Eliakim son of Hilkiah, the palace administrator; Shebna the court secretary; and Joah son of Asaph, the royal historian (Isaiah 36:1-3, NKJV).

The Assyrian king`s chief of staff was authorized to threaten and to "negotiate" the conditions of the Judea`s captivity. The king Hezekiah heard out the speach and all the conditions, and he ordered to everyone to be quite and not to respond to the speach. Later on, he went to the temple and prayed to God as to what to do, and so God would deliver him out of the hand of Assyrian king (and in the end God did).

21 But the people were silent and did not utter a word because Hezekiah had commanded them, “Do not answer him.” (Isaiah 36:21)

The main few points that jumped at me in my situation was:

-I had no right to rely on my attorneys beause they are just as much flesh and ashes as me (God sais in Isaiah 36 not to rely on Egypt, and in my situation attorney was relying on Egypt).

- The next important point for me was to keep my mouth shut and not to testify against my husband regardless of how much I wanted to say the truth. I had to do the opposite-- to drop all the charges against him, and I had to let God defend me and deal with my husband.

- In the end, Assyrian king when he returned home, he was killed by his own sons, and in my situation, I expect that my husband`s reputation and pride would be dismounted by his own kean, his own friends, his job, etc., but it would not be by me.

As I came to the court, and I told my attorney that I would drop the charges for the protective order, my husband wanted to go for a hearing and claim the house, custody of our daughter, car, etc. After numerous negotiations tempting me to comply to move back to the house under the mutual protective order "not to abuse each other", I declined it as I knew that I had to drop the charges altogether, and if I agreed to the conditions of the negotioans, than I would have had to keep my protective order against my husband. In addition, I knew that it was only a trick that my husband was playing against me, so he could provoke me with the first possible opportunity and get me arrested again.  

All I kept on saying was that I was dropping the charges against my husband regardless of what he did and whether he continued to file the charges against me. After a few more attempts to negotiate and scare me with the possible outcome of losing my daughter`s custody for a long period of time, I stayed faithful to God and I kept my faith in what He showed me to do. He honored that in return, and my husband dropped the protective order charges in return.

In chapter 36:8-10 of Isaiah, the chief of staff for Assyrian king tried to mock and tempt with the similar negotiations that I had to deal with today:

8 “I’ll tell you what! Strike a bargain with my master, the king of Assyria. I will give you 2,000 horses if you can find that many men to ride on them! 9 With your tiny army, how can you think of challenging even the weakest contingent of my master’s troops, even with the help of Egypt’s chariots and charioteers? 10 What’s more, do you think we have invaded your land without the Lord’s direction? The Lord himself told us, ‘Attack this land and destroy it!’”

Instead, I chose to stick to what God showed me to do, and that was to drop the charges against my husband and let God deal with Him. All the charges that my husband keeps on pressing against me, God would help me fense off, but I have to stay blameless as much as I can and regardless of how much my husband continues to drive me into the ground.

Another scripture that God showed me prior to today`s court hearing was in 1 Peter 3:13-18

13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats[b]; do not be frightened.”[c] 15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17 For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. 18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. (NIV)

As long as I continue to do what`s good and what is right in the eyes of the Lord, God is in complete control of everything that is going on regardless of whether I feel that way or not. I just have to keep on reminding myself that God is in Control.

I am yet to hear about what is going on with my psychological evaluation because this is something that I want to do in order to prove my husband wrong and to stop his slendering my reputation and argument over physical custody of our daughter. I am yet to face the criminal court and to fight for my freedome, but I know that God is in control, and all I have to do is to continue to seek Him and to seek His word and His truth.

For all of you who prayed for me, thank you! Prayers always work, and god is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment