Friday, June 22, 2012

Jehovah El Roi


Psalm 50: 14-15 (NKJV)

14Offer to God thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High.
15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”


Psalm 50: 22-23 (NKJV)

22“Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver:

23Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; and to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God.”

As I keep praying for God`s guidance and clarity for what to do next, He showed me this psalm today and reminded me that one of His names is El Roi- God Who sees. My Lord knows everything, and He sees everything, so I made a decision to praise Him and to give Him my thanksgivings for things He`s done for me.
I will thank Him:

1.    For my daughter dropping on her knees and folding her hands to pray yesterday; there is no greater reward than seeing my prayers and example producing fruit in her life to praise God.


2.    For provided child support payments to keep my bills paid on time


3.    For my job that pays my bills


4.    For my family who supports me financially (especially my sister and her husband who sent me endless amount of money to pay for attorneys)


5.    For previous victories in the court that I had so far


6.    For being able to provide for my daughter and buy her nice clothes, shoes, food, toys, books, etc.


7.    For God opening His word to me and sustaining me through it


8.    For God protecting me and providing for me in the most amazing way: giving me the great location for my apartment, all the furniture that I have all the household necessary items.


9.    For saving me from being homeless


10. For providing me with all the necessary financial amounts to pay all my bills on time and even more, so I don`t have any delinquent or outstanding payments.


11. For God always being there for me even when I don`t feel  it or think it`s true


12. For Jesus sacrifice on the cross and for the grace and mercy that God shows me every day even when I am too wrapped up in my own problems to notice it and appreciate it.


13. For my car that`s running and for air conditioner being fixed, so even on the most hot days like now, I can stay cool.
 
As I was praying on a way to work and praising God, I realized that once again, I tried to fit Him in my own schedule, and that`s not how it works. It is He who is God and not me. It is He who knows the right time and not me. I may be weary and exhausted from endless amount of separations with my daughter and spiritual battles, but God Sees it all and knows it all.

Hagar when running away from Sarah was stranded in the desert, and she thought she would die there, but angel of God appeared to her and encouraged her not to lose heart. In Genesis it`s says:
13She gave this name to theLord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me, ” for she said, “I have now seen[c] the One who sees me.” 14 That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi[d]; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered. (Genesis 16:12-14 NIV)

God told Hagar to return to Sarah and to submit to her, but He also promised Hagar that he would make her descendants as a large nation, and God kept His promise. I have to come to terms that only God sees everything and knows what`s going on, and only God knows what`s better for now and for later, so I have to submit to His will. I refuse to rebel again against His will and against my circumstances. It is a tough going, it is very exhausting, but I choose to trust that I believe in Jehovah El Roi who sees and knows everything, and who is also Jehovah Jereh who provides a way when there is no way (Genesis 22:12-14). I choose to glorify my God and to give Him praise because I know that that`s the powerful weapon that Satan always tries to destroy by sowing doubts in my heart and mind, and I reject them because I`ve seen many miracles of God in my life.
Thank you Lord, for being there for me even when I am so wrapped up in my problems that I don`t take my time to appreciate everything you do for me. I am calling you on the day of my trouble, so You could deliver me, and I could glorify You because only You can save me! I refuse to forget everything you`ve done for me and continue to do because You have always been there for me even when I am too rebellious to acknowledge it; in Jesus Name I pray and thank You, Lord, my God El Roi, Who sees everything! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment