Sunday, July 8, 2012

Impact Of Watching Weather Forecast


Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

4 Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.

Relying on spiritual weather forecast limits God’s work in us and through us. Are you following a weather forecast to stay attuned as to what to wear and what to do on each day? God told in His word clearly that if we do that we would miss out on His work. Obviously here He is referring to our spiritual faith. When we look at the “wind” of our circumstances and the causes of it, it prevents us from taking chances and trust the Lord would guide us; it kills any concept of faith. Nobody can trust the Lord if relying on one’s strength and visible capabilities. In other words, God is saying that it’s futile to even try understanding your circumstances or try to avoid/change them on your own. It also prevents us from “stepping out of the boat to walk on water” like Peter did when he saw Jesus because without faith we are not capable to take risks (Matthew 14:22-33).

If I would only look at what I see, I would never be able to believe that God is capable to change my circumstances, and if I would expect the “spiritual rain of victory”, I would not be able to see those “clouds” because God does a miracle when the situation is impossible. If I choose to only believe God when I can rationalize the outcome, I limit His work.

In Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) God made it a very clear point that, as believers, we must have four requirements in order to please God:

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

These four requirements are:

- We must have faith in order to please God
- We must believe that God is; that God exists
- We must seek God diligently
- We must believe that God rewards fairly for our faith/our seeking Him diligently

Without these four main things the life of a believer is futile and cannot be pleasing to the Lord. When we prioritize our lives around these main points, the desire to watch for “weather forecast” becomes irrelevant and unnecessary because we trust the Lord completely to sustain us and to guide us.

Each day for me becomes harder and harder because I don’t have a timeline as to when God would complete what He started. Each day is more like a week, and each week is more like a year. I pray more and more, but I get weary from endless waiting. In the past few days God started to ponder on me about my faith yet again. I have to stop looking for the signs and symptoms of the situation and trust the Lord would complete what He started in His due time.

Today my husband sent me a text message letting me know that he is going back to the church where he’s been going to where incorrect teaching is preached, and although I was devastated, but I also realized that God has a plan for everything, and He still holds everything under His control. I emphasize that He holds it under His control and not under my control. I remember the days last year when I tried to play "god" and manipulate my situations to bring my husband to God, but it never worked because it wasn’t God who was doing this, but it was me who was doing it. I was trying to watch for the wind in order to have the appropriate response ready for my husband, and it failed every single time. If I would have had strong faith back then, I would have given him up to God back then, but I didn’t; I kept on pursuing my own agenda thinking that I was doing God’s work.

By following on my own plans, I was blocking the existence of God in my life because if I trusted that He existed, I would have trusted that He holds everything in His hand. This is the circle of Faith that God is willing for us to understand and know with whole heart. If I believe that God exists, and I seek Him diligently, I will have faith to trust Him; I will also trust that God is fair and He rewards according to His love. I would not worry about the weather and its impact on the harvest because my trust would be in the Lord.

Do you trust the Lord with your circumstances or do you try to resolve your problems yourself? God has called us- His children to believe in Him, and Him doing the impossible when the impossible is due. I urge you to put all your doubts and concerns to His feet and surrender to Him. He will show you the greatest harvest you have ever dreamed of if you would submit to Him with your whole heart. Have faith and believe that God is the One who orchestrates the winds, gives the rain, and saves us from spiritual and physical famine and drought.

This is the hardest part of my heart to have faith that God is faithful to reward me for my faith and surrendering to Him. I have been working very hard by praying and fasting and praying some more about my impossible circumstances and I doubted God that He would judge fairly. Not to trust that He rewards fairly is the same thing as not believing that He will judge fairly, so I had to repent. This brought me to specific step that I had to commit myself in doing- to stop boasting about the things I sacrificed or did for the sake of my family. If I trust the Lord rewards fairly, I would not have a need to boast about the things that I’ve done. What’s more, if the circumstances are unresolved, that means there is always room for improvement and for me to do more sacrificing.

To believe that God rewards for those who seek Him diligently means not to watch what your right hand does because it eliminates any expectation to receive reward from people. God said in Matthew 6:3-4 (NIV):

3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Although this scripture mostly is applied to the financial offerings/material giving, I will take a step further and will apply it to contributions that we make in relationships. If I sacrifice things for my family, I shouldn’t expect to get recognition for that because I would eliminate my reward from the Lord.

I tie this scripture to the definition of Love by Paul in Corinthians 13:4 (NIV):

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

God’s love doesn’t boast, and this is one of the arguments that me and my husband always end up with; he tells me all these things that he’s been doing, and I tell him in return what I’ve been doing, and in the end no resolution but more arguing. This is the specific area that God showed me I needed to stop. The next time, this deadly circle would start, I would keep silent if necessary, but I will not give in to boasting.
If you think that you have issues with any of these main four components, you can pray for God to show you what could be done specifically, just like God showed me how to stop boasting to seek justice. In the end I have to surrender to God to have faith that He is fair, and He will reward those who diligently seek Him.

I come to You, Lord, and I ask You to teach me to rely on You even when I doubt or try to solve things on my own. Lord, I ask You to strengthen my faith and to make it as strong as a tree that grows by the water. Thank you, Father, for being so faithful and patient with me even when I feel hopeless and helpless. You pick me up and strengthen me in Your word. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment